Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Big girl turns 2!

Last Thursday was the Little One's second birthday. In addition to a family birthday party/ Easter dinner the previous Sunday, we also celebrated on the day itself with a lovely sheet cake that Archchi (my mom) brought to preschool to share with all the kids. Not to mention the fact that we had a presents-opening day the following Saturday (this past weekend), in which we discovered the contents of all the packages that her relatives in Oregon and Colorado had sent. Three days of celebration-- not too shabby, eh?





We also celebrated by going to the zoo, which was her first time there. Awful, I know, that she hadn't been there before that, but now we're over the major health concerns and through a lot of the piercing tantrums (we still experience the "joys" of tantrums, but they're a little more manageable now), I thought it would be a good time to go. She's still pretty nervous around new surroundings, so we (meaning M., 97% of the time) had to carry her throughout the zoo. Her favorites were the bears and the giraffes!





She and I also went to a park that I frequented many times when I was little. It was a lot of fun showing her everything in the playground; although, at first, she was afraid for me to let go of her so I had to gradually work on getting her feet to touch the ground. Not long afterwards, we were marching back and forth on the same 6 feet of sidewalk singing, "I had a tiny turtle, his name was Tiny Tim" over and over and over again... :]





We also spent some time in the swings. It was a little scary at first, but soon she was totally relaxed--enjoying the sunshine and the slight wind. Thank heavens for that wind, I was getting a little toasty...

Here is a picture of the birthday girl, on her day:














Have a great day, everyone!

4 comments:

Susan G. said...

What a little doll! I was so excited to see a new post from you. Sounds like you had a great series of celebrations. What a lucky little girl to have such a great mom!

Heather Armstrong said...

She is adorable! I can't wait to take our little boy to the zoo...maybe we can plan a play date in a year or so. :)

Super Random Girl said...

Holy cow, you guys have amazing timing! Thanks for your comments.

Susan, from your blog, it sounds like you've had a lot of fun lately!

And Heather, a playdate would be lots of fun!

Take care...

Kate said...

What a sweet photo! Love the pigtails and the sweet dress! I am sure the park was a blast as well as the zoo. I need a man so I can get me some of those cute kids!!